~ Environmental Health Officer ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Manchester City Council to provide them with a Environmental Health Officer to join their Food, Health & Safety Team on a 6 Month agency contract which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position. (36 hours)
Location - Manchester, M18 8EQ.
Rate of Pay £20 - £35+ per hour - Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role: You will be responsible for the delivery of an effective, high quality operational, inspection, compliance and regulation service through the provision of detailed technical regulatory knowledge in order to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of Manchester residents.
- Provide effective management, coordination and direction of a compliance and regulation function ensuring adherence through a variety of interventions whilst communicating the authority's vision, corporate values, aims and objectives.
- Develop and administer thorough investigative procedures and regulatory protocols.
- Identify and support the implementation of change and improvements in support of organisational and compliance and regulation strategies.
- Effectively develop, manage, and quality control multi-agency referral processes to ensure excellence and effectiveness in targeted service delivery.
- Roles at this level may be required to undertake management duties, either through direct line management of a team (including appraisals, performance management and other duties) or through matrix management of a virtual team of officers.
- Maintain competence in subject matter specialism, undertaking research and information gathering to ensure Council adopts and maintains best practice in areas of specialism, providing ad hoc advice as required.
- Develop and deliver process improvement plans and strategies in accordance with agreed time, quality, budget and other performance criteria within the Council.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport)
- Environmental Health Board of Registration Certificate.
- Environmental Health Degree or alternative qualification.
- Enhanced DBS.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Dane Matthews @ Spencer Clarke Group
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare