Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Responsible for the day-to-day servicing of the clients and homeowners of the association's assigned in the portfolio by providing exceptional service through project management and operational oversight for the various corporations. Through effective multi-tasking, Manager is responsible for maintaining proper operations for each association through prompt communications to the board (and owners) on necessary topics and issues through established procedures of FirstService and the Association. It also includes maintaining constructive relationships with the Boards and/or ensuring the continuity and the profitability of the relationship between FirstService and the Boards.
Primary Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize Annual, Budget, Board, Election and Special meetings of the Association within legal requirements. This includes (but is not limited to) giving proper notice of meeting, ensuring quorums, and ensuring that the required paperwork accompanies the meetings as defined in the NRS116, governing documents, management agreements and contracts
- Must ensure inspections are completed and documented in accordance with the Management Agreement. Reports are to be completed and finalized to ensure they are sent out within 48 hours
- Provide input and leadership in planning future growth and changes as communities mature. This includes drafting Communities and Charters as required. It also includes proposing and drafting Policies and Resolutions as required
- Promote and maximize the services that FirstService Residential can bring to existing clients as well as future clients
- Ensures that insurance coverages are sufficient and in effect, as directed by a licensed insurance professional and mandated by the governing documents and Nevada law
- Prepare bid specifications, obtain bids and finalize contracts as applicable
- Ensure the satisfaction of the Board with FirstService Residential performance; and promote the positive contributions of First Service to the Associations
- Financial Statements are analyzed and forwarded to the Board within timelines. Provides clarification to the Board as required
- Maintains qualifications for CM Certificate. Tracks credits to ensure that all required continuing education is obtained to prevent lapse in Community Manager Certificate. Also responsible for renewing Community Manager Certificate
- Ability to keep items in total confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and be able to move from one job to the next depending on ever changing priorities and business needs
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exhibit professionalism, professional and attire at all times
- Complete company training as assigned
- Be punctual to work and meetings and track time as required by company standards
- Maintain an organized workspace according to company procedures
- Adhere to the company's Standards of Operation
- Attend all mandatory company functions
- Demonstrates effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently
- Must be proficient with computer programs needed for specific position including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to independently prioritize daily workload
- High school or equivalent GED required. Previous experience in an administrative capacity required, preferably for executive level staff.
- Proficient in English; Bilingual Spanish helpful.
- Must be able to make sound decisions and determine when it is necessary to escalate information to the next level.
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Valid Nevada Drivers License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance. NRED Community Manager License Preferred or Applicable State/National Certifications or Designations
As North America’s property management leader and industry trailblazer, FirstService Residential offers an extensive selection of exciting career and personal growth opportunities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We know that every member of our team enhances our success by delivering innovative programs and exceptional service that make a difference, every day, to those we serve. So we are highly selective in recruiting top quality professionals who demonstrate integrity, responsiveness, reliability and above all, a commitment to serving the needs of our residents and communities.
If your commitment to quality and service matches ours, we invite you to review our current career-advancing opportunities and join an amazing team!
Role: Portfolio Community Manager
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.