Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
As a valued member of the EMEA Investment Risk team your primary responsibility will be the measurement and management of the risk taken across our range of equity funds. You will partner with investment teams to represent and act in the best interests of the clients and ensure the appropriate levels of risk are taken by portfolio managers in order to meet client goals and expectations, promote risk-aware portfolio construction and provide insightful analytics. You will report into the Head of Equity Investment Risk, EMEA and will benefit from establishing good working relationships across areas such as product management, distribution and technology. Role Responsibilities
How you'll spend your time...
* Examining Columbia Threadneedle equity funds to understand the key risks, and communicate findings with senior risk managers and fund managers.
* Overseeing the production of daily risk reports and ensuring the accuracy risk measures for equity funds.
* Conducting insightful analysis and summarising findings for escalation to risk committees and senior members of the business.
* Developing key relationships with other departments.
* Recommending and establishing improvements to the team's processes. Desired Capabilities
If you also had this, it would be great...
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Good academic record in a quantitative or scientific field
- Inquisitive nature
- Studies towards or completion of additional qualifications are desirable but not compulsory (IMC / CFA / FRM)
- Knowledge of a system such as Aladdin, FactSet, FIS APT, Bloomberg, and/or other financial software
- Experience with, or motivation to learn, programming languages such as Python and SQL.
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.