CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Electronic Security Technician to join the CGH Team.
- Perform corrective maintenance on security equipment at customer facilities in the technician's area. The position is part-time, and because this is corrective maintenance only, we are unable to offer a set schedule or a minimum number of hours each week.
- The equipment addressed includes access control, surveillance, intrusion detection, security intercom, and access video systems; metal detectors; and security barrier arms and gates.
- Ability to follow technical guidance such as circuitry; repair or replace equipment; troubleshoot complex security systems; assess and resolve security system problems; configure computers.
- Perform in-depth technical functions required to maintain and repair security equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and replace components and wiring circuits, repair electronic equipment, and take readings using instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, etc.
Number of Years' Experience Required:
- Minimum of Eight (8) years experience in maintenance, repairing, troubleshooting, or installation of security equipment is required.
- Two additional years of specialized experience with the specific security systems, i.e., card readers, cameras, monitors, access control systems, etc. (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) experience is not acceptable as specialized experience).
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Associate's degree in technical related field.
Technical Skills Required:
- Associate's degree in technical related field.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years
- Knowledge of OSHA general safety standards and the proper care and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to lift large and heavy objects, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and crawl to reach remote areas.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. including some weekend work, depending on customer commitments.
- The ability to work independently in a stand-alone function and to prepare all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Able to climb ladders, scaffolding, and work at heights.
- Able to frequently bend, sit, and stand for long periods of time.
- Good communication skills and follow through required.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
CGH Technologies is an information engineering and management support company located in Washington, D.C., with satellite offices in Herndon, VA, Southern Pines, NC, Tallahassee, FL and a workforce spanning 38 states. We have over 25 years of experience with federal and international government agencies, as well as commercial and private sector organizations.
CGH Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1989 as a woman-owned small business. We pride ourselves on our dedication to meeting each client's unique requirements with personalized and innovative solutions, focusing on services and solutions that add value to the decision management chain. We deliver on time, on budget, and with high-quality results.
Guided by nearly a quarter of a century of experience, CGH is dedicated to helping our clients succeed by providing "Satisfaction through Quality" with every solution we implement. We provide comprehensive solutions to improve operational efficiency across your organization. This includes, but is not limited to:
Management and organizational consulting
Custom web & mobile applications
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
GIS and spatial technologies
Physical and cyber security
Facilities management and engineering
Modernization and standards integration
CGH is also proud to have been ranked as one of the Top Woman-Owned Businesses and as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in the Washington region by the Washington Business Journal. For a more detailed account of the awards CGH has received, please click here. Or read more about our work with Federal NOTAM System (FNS) NOTAM Search, the Sector Design and Analysis Tool (SDAT), and the FAA's NextGen Program.
To us, every project we take on is a promise we make: a commitment guaranteeing excellence, integrity, and leadership. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Role: Sr. Electronic Security Technician
Apply for this job now.