COMPANY: HARTPURY UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £28954 - £43789 Per Year (Depending on experience and qualifications)
£26,646 - £28,182 per annum pro rata (Associate Lecturer Salary band)
£28,954 - £37,698 per annum pro rata (Lecturer Salary band)
£35,545 - £43,789 per annum pro rata (Senior Lecturer Salary Band)
18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE)
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role:
- You will join an enthusiastic team who are passionate about the development and delivery of our equine programmes to the highest standards.
- You will deliver across our expanding Equine Performance portfolio at undergraduate and postgraduate level, including developing student practical competencies.
- The role will entail lecturing and module leadership, year tutorship, and placement supervision in a variety of equine-related subject areas. The role could also include Programme Management.
- You will be a dynamic individual, capable of being part of the Higher Education Equine Department at Hartpury.
- You will be actively involved with the equine industry and hold recognised industry qualifications/standing.
- You will possess a post-graduate qualification, ideally doctorate level, in the field of Equine Science (or related subject areas).
- Previous teaching experience and a teaching qualification would be desirable, although training will be available if someone had significant industry and or research backgrounds.
What we Offer:
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Teachers’ pension scheme
· Employee discounts scheme
· Support for continuous professional development
· 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st May 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Role: Lecturer in Equine Science
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.