Home Care Assistant
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Home Care Assistant based in Chorley. The successful candidate will earn £9.38 - £9.67 (35p performance bonus included)
The role is community based, providing support and care to individuals in their own homes to enable them to live safely and independently.
We kindly ask before you apply that you have:
- Evenings (4pm - 10pm) and weekends availability
- Access to your own transport (valid UK driving license)
No qualifications or previous experience is required as the company offer paid full training.
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
- A friendly approach and the ability to put service users at ease, whatever their physical or social needs, with the ability to be tactful and sensitive at all times.
- A high level of patience and the ability to deal with shy or anxious service users, able to think quickly and solve problems as they arrive.
- Good stamina, manual dexterity and a certain level of physical strength.
- Excellent communication skills with a responsible and flexible attitude to service users.
- A commitment to the job, the client and their families.
- Drivers are preferred.
- Live within a commutable distance.
- To read and follow the individualised care plan.
- To assist Service Users with getting in and out of bed.
- To provide assistance with washing/bathing and dressing (Including washing hair, body, teeth, etc.)
- To prepare meals, drinks, and snacks, as and when necessary.
- To provide assistance with toileting and changing clothes, as and when necessary.
- To provide assistance with daily living tasks, including cleaning, shopping and paying finances.
- To monitor the health of the Service User and to report any changes to the Registered Care Manager.
- To encourage Service Users towards a degree of independence and activity appropriate to their ability.
- Log in and out of Service Users homes.
- To adhere by Delta Care Ltd Health and Safety policies.
- To complete medication records and care sheets.
Delta Care are a CQC registered provider of care and support service to individuals around the North West, offering a range of residential and day care services to meet individual care needs. The organisation's services help people of all ages and abilities to enjoy the benefits of living independently in their homes and local communities.
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity for career progression and to grow within the Social Care Sector
- Opportunity to complete your NVQ Level 2 & 3
- Employee of the Month and Year rewards
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- Mileage paid
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care scheme
- Paid online E-learning and inhouse induction training- Care Certificate
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- First Uniform free
- Bicycles, Torches, Personal Attack Alarms and Umbrellas provided to walking staff
- Weekly testing kits
- Full PPE
- Opportunity to have the COVID-19 Vaccination
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Home Care Assistant, Carer, Senior Carer, Domiciliary Care, Healthcare, Care Vacancies, Senior Home, Retirement Home, Carer, Care