Company: COMFORCARE HOME HEALTH CARE - NW RICHMOND
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job DescriptionImmediate need for CNA or PCA to work with clients in an independent living community.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our team! We now have an open position in a prominent independent living community on the west end of Richmond. We are primarily looking to hire full time OR part time, with shifts being from 7 am- 3pm
or 3 pm - 11 pm on weekdays and weekends
We provide caregivers competitive pay, training and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement. Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? Our independently owned and operated franchised offices are looking for you.Job Summary:
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services in accordance with an established plan of care so that they can remain in their residence. Essential Functions:
- Personal Care
- Provide assistance with: bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo, oral hygiene, ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane), change of position, with toileting, commode, incontinent care, meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Medication Services
- Assist with medications that the client self-administers
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Assistant or Personal Care Aid program
- At least six months experience as a Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide (in homes or facilities)
- Be listed in good standing on the State's Caregiver Registry
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS Ethics test
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.