The Center Against Domestic Violence is looking for a Recreation & Children's Services Supervisor. This position will plan, schedule, and conduct on and off-site recreational and educational programming for all residents. They will also coordinate an integrated program of after school and summer camp activities for school age children. In addition, this role will oversee the provision of structured educational and recreational services to children who have witnessed or experienced domestic violence.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Supervise Recreation Assistants and Assistant Teachers, including establishing time and work schedules to ensure adequate staffing and minimum adult/child ratios.
- Plan, develop, implement, supervise, and coordinate recreation/education programming for residents of all ages, including on and off-site activities for daytime, evenings, and weekends.
- Supervise a full day summer program for children.
- Identify, schedule, and coordinate community-based groups to provide life skills and other educational presentations for adult and teen residents.
- Have good personnel management skills.
- Sensitivity to diverse cultural needs and domestic violence issues.
- Must obtain Basic First Aid and child/adult CPR after hire.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Education.
- Previous experience in education and/or recreation programming.
The Center Against Domestic Violence is dedicated to preventing violence within the family and to promoting the well-being and economic independence of women and children through safe shelters, a network of supportive services, advocacy, coalitions, education and resource information services.
Role: Recreation & Children’s Services Supervisor
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.