My Shortlist

Your shortlisted jobs will appear here. To view your shortlist, please login or register

DATE ADDED: Fri 05/10/2018

Parcel Courier Coordinator

Forest Park, USA
APPLY NOW

COMPANY: DHL ECOMMERCE

Job Description

We invite you to play an important role in delivering quality services and solutions to our customers. At DHL Parcel Metro, we offer many rewarding opportunities in different functions of our business. Contribute to our success through various exciting career opportunities and be part of the world's leading logistics company.

Compensation: $14.00 Hourly

Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision

Employment Type: Full-Time

The Parcel Courier Coordinator position will manage the on- road performance of courier drivers using innovative DHL dispatch technology.

SUMMARY:

The Parcel Courier Coordinator position will spend about 60% of their time managing the on- road performance of courier drivers using innovative DHL dispatch technology. The other 40% of their time will be spent receiving, sorting, staging and dispatching parcels for last mile drivers.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

  • Receive parcels from customers and other locations within the DHL Metro network.
  • Scan parcels and sort to drivers by route sequence.
  • Dispatch parcels to DSP’s following the Metro Logistics process and procedures established by Engineering.
  • Perform quality checks on drivers via a check-in process
  • Manage the drivers’ on-road performance, including alert response and engage in communication when necessary to drivers and also consumers.
  • Duties may include reassignment to alternate operational areas as business needs require.

REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS:

  • Ability to complete daily reports with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as other programs as needed.
  • Ability to learn how to operate the automation machines as applicable.
  • Understand and carry out oral instructions.
  • Understand standardized math processes, e.g., count, addition and subtraction.
  • Understand the IT systems and have the ability to learn new programs/process.
  • Operate pallet jacks.
  • Operate non-power hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, etc.

EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:

  • High School or equivalent training and/or least 6 months related experience preferred

PHYSICAL DEMANDS:

  • Frequently walk throughout the warehouse in order to move the mail and parcels to proper location within terminal.
  • Frequently push/pull mail and parcels weighing up to 50 pounds, which may include frequent bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.
  • This is a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting.

Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability

 

Company Description
Vision:To become the leading logistics provider in online retailing.

DHL eCommerce is on its way to becoming the preferred partner for shipping solutions nationwide and worldwide. With our innovative shipping solutions, supported by state-of-the-art operations systems, we are redefining residential delivery for both your business and your customers. We provide a full range of domestic and international services for the secure and reliable distribution of mail and parcels. Plus, we offer an expanding range of value-added services.

Domestic Presence: DHL eCommerce offers U.S. businesses the widest range of domestic mail and parcel services through the power of the DHL eCommerces worldwide network. With our strategically located Distribution Centers, we can pick-up, sort and process your shipments and move them efficiently into the mailstream. As a USPS Workshare partner, we are able to offer the final mile delivery to over 152 million addresses.

Global Presence: With direct connections to over 220 countries and territories and 41 processing centers on four continents, we have the worlds largest network for international shipping services today. We provide our cross-border services to top Fortune 500 companies for parcels, business mail, direct mail and publications.

Industries Served: DHL eCommerce handles a wide variety of shipments daily from apparel and electronics to books to DVDs, vitamins, replacement parts and catalogs. Some of the industries we serve are e-commerce, multi-channel retailers, direct marketing, financial, mail and print fulfillment, healthcare, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, government and manufacturing.


Role: Parcel Courier Coordinator
Job Type:
Location: Forest Park,

Apply for this job now.
APPLY NOW