Immediate Opening for Licensed Veterinary Technician.
Description of role:
- Are you compassionate?
- Do you love dogs and cats and want to provide the best medical care that you can?
- Are you unhappy in your current position?
- Are you unhappy in the clinic you work for?
- Would you like a role in the decision making in your clinic?
- Do you feel unappreciated by your current clinic?
If you said "yes" to any of these,and are looking for a change and love animals and are committed to providing high quality care as a Veterinary Technician working with a small dynamic team and want to a grow within a clinic, then we would love to hear from you.
Our successful and growing 2-doctor clinic needs an experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our companion animal-loving staff. We run a fast-paced clinic that sees patients during regular daytime hours, as well as, on an emergency basis after hours. The ideal candidate will be available for day and evening shifts as well as on weekends as needed. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with all animals and with communicating and educating our patients' owners. The successful candidate will be responsible for doing what they were trained to do and assisting the Veterinarian during appointments, surgical procedures, blood draws, iv’s, providing hospital care and treatments, performing digital radiographs, dental cleaning, laser therapy and thermal imaging, as well as stocking, cleaning and inventory.
- Assist the Veterinarian with routine patient appointments and surgical procedures
- Greet patients and their owners as they arrive and show them to an examining room
- Take pets' weight and other vital signs upon arrival
- Provide patient restraint during procedures and examinations
- Collect and perform many laboratory tests
- Perform digital radiographs based on the instructions and under the guidance of the attending Veterinarian
- Perform inoculations per attending Veterinarian
- Interact and Educate clients with best practices
- Ensure and perform all medical treatments as instructed by attending Veterinarian
- Perform and assist the Veterinarian with dental cleanings and extractions
- Provide top-level medical care and compassion to our patients
- Feed, bathe and care for patients who stay overnight in our facility
- Clean and maintain the surgical room in preparation for procedures
- Prepare instruments and medications as directed by veterinary personnel
- Calm and soothe anxious patients
- Adhere to hospital's safety and wellness regulations
- Educate clients about our insurance, wellness and medicinal plans
- Must be NYS Licensed or License Eligible
- Good Communication Skills and detail oriented. Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to lift 50 lb
- Must be friendly and ambitious.
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work rotating weekend shifts.
- Previous experience a plus.
- Paid vacation
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Pet Care Discounts
- Paid Continuing Education
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Email Resumes or apply in person: 198 Grandview Lane, Norwich, NY 13815
Job Type: Full-time
Required education / Certification:
- NYS Veterinary Technician License
Job Type: Full-time
- NYS Veterinary Technician License (Required)
Two-Doctor small animal practice.
Role: Licensed Veterinary Technician
Apply for this job now.