Role: Commercial Finance Manager
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £50-55K + Benefits
AML Consultancy are partnering with a leading Retail business based in Lancashire to fill a new and exciting role. Due to expansion, there is an opportunity for a highly-commercial Finance Manager to come in and lead a team and to provide support and guidance not just to them but to the key internal and external stakeholders that the business holds.
The role will also act as a key supporting role for the Senior Financial Controller and will eventually lead to more input into the Commercial team in general.
Major elements of the role will include:-
- Ownership of the audit process and delivery of key deliverables
- Working with various stakeholders to support the development of understanding of key business processes and develop commercial and operational understanding
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and provide first input into monthly management accounts
- Presentation of monthly numbers to the Financial Controller
- Preparation of key inputs into the board pack presented to senior management
- Providing the Financial Controller with concise, and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
- Support to the Financial Controller in ensuring strong month end controls and adherence to deadlines to support wider group reporting requirements
- First point of review for work performed by the Management Accountant and their assistants including monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead process of process documentation and controls for all assigned areas and ensure consistency across all documented processes
- Maintain and improve standardisation of tasks and processes
- Management and development of Management accountants and their assistants.
- Supporting the understanding and investigation of variance analysis relating to actuals vs budgets and forecasts and work closely with the commercial team
- Shadow and work closely with the Financial Controller to develop strong cross functional partnerships with across various departments (Fuel, Merchandising, Operations and Maintenance, Payroll, HR), documenting minutes and actions of key discussions
- Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
- Lead in the preparation and review of accurate site P&Ls for responsible functional are to ensure all numbers reported are accurate and discrepancies understood and investigated
- Ensuring local GAAP requirements are applied correctly in the financial close process
- Playing a leading role in the integration of finance functions on recent acquisitions
- Assisting in key stages of system implementation programmes
- Involvement with Ad-Hoc projects
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- A strong appreciation of general accounting procedures and it's impact on a business
- A relevant Accounting/Finance Degree
- At least 2 years experience within a Large business in it's core finance function
If you are an ambitious accountant who is seeking the next step on their career ladder and who wants to join a flourishing business in the area then please contact me, Adam Lunney, with a CV to #removed# for a discussion.