Behaviour Support Assistant needed in a pupil referral unit near Kettering
£70-£75 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are grades A-C in English and Maths or equivalent.
Vision for Education are looking to recruit an experienced Behaviour Support Assistant for employment in a Pupil Refferal Unit near Kettering. The post is temporary with the possibility of becoming a permanent member of staff. The hours of work are 8.30 - 3.30 full time however we would also be interested in hearing from candidates who are looking for 2-4 days per week.
Some of the pupils you will be working with are of a vulnerable and sometimes challenging nature and some will be on Education Healthcare plans. You will work closely with your colleagues to create action plans for students across the school, taking an active role in implementing a programme that positively encourages learners to overcome barriers to learning, improve their skills and learn how to thrive within a mainstream setting.
To be considered for the position, you will:
If you have experience or feel confident in at least 3 of the following, then we would love to hear from you.
- Youth/Community work experience
- SEN experience
- Residential support/care worker
- Behaviour Support experience
- Criminology, Psychology, Drama, Music Degree
- Sports coaching qualification or background
- Team Teach/ SKIP, CPI, MAPA physical intervention training
- Youth Offending Services
- Supporting NEET
- Challenging behaviour within an out of school setting
- Teaching/Learning support Assistance/ numeracy and literacy support
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer?
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant / Youth Worker or Care worker or someone with relevant skills and experience who can enthuse, motivate a