A well-known non-profit organization is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join their team in their NY headquarters. This position will support the Controller, CIO & Business Managers.
•Supervise and train designated staff in accordance with policies.
•Review and analyze general ledger, balance sheet and income statement accounts to maintain integrity of financial data. Review all cost allocations for reasonableness, accuracy, and timely distribution of costs to correct admin or program code. Assist in preparation of supporting work papers and analysis for external audits (annual CPA firm audit and funder audits, as needed). Ensure timely and accurate monthly G/L close.
•Prepare journal entries. Prepare various cost allocation schedules.
• Support the Controller in a timely month-end close as well as timely distribution of monthly statements of revenue and expenses to management. Additionally, collaborate with staff members in various business offices to ensure that timely and accurate closeout reports are submitted to various funding institutions.
• Assist Controller during year end close – ensure all accrued expenses are recorded, necessary journal entries are timely prepared, and annual financial statements are timely prepared.
• Assist with various funder audits (NYCDHS, NYCDMH, NYSOMH), annual audit and schedules related to CFR, as needed. Ability to collaborate with Controller, along with AVP and Business Manager responsible for coordination of CFR preparation is critical.
• Supervise and review preparation of schedules by Sr. Acct. of taxable fringe benefits and reconcile personnel service cost as recorded in the general ledger to Form 941.
• Review leases, maintain a schedule of leases as well as prepare year-end lease obligation and footnote to GAAP financial statements.
• Prepare KPI analysis. Prepare fixed asset capitalization and Gifts-in Kind analysis on a quarterly basis. KPI’s are to be prepared by 13th business day following quarterly-end for finance committee. Capitalization and Gifts-in Kind are to be completed within 30-40 days after quarter-end, respectively.
• Prepare under the supervision of Controller, schedules required by debt covenants.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelors’ Degree in accounting
• 5 - 6 years not for-profit experience with at least 3 years of demonstrative supervisory experience.
• Financial accounting expertise in accordance with U.S. GAAP standards.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint is required.
• Experienced in writing internal policies and procedures.
• Supervise Senior Staff Accountant and Staff Accountant.
Boutique executive recruiting firm located in midtown Manhattan.
Role: Accounting Supervisor- Non-Profit
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.