Seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager to manage the staff and operation of our establishment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of our restaurant’s policies and procedures and will participate in achieving our revenue objectives. The Restaurant Manager will ensure that staff remain compliant with all local, state and federal laws, and that customers’ needs are promptly met.
Restaurant Manager responsibilities and duties
- Train and supervise staff
- Ensure all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations
- Work closely with management to meet revenue objectives
- Implement appropriate strategies to resolve adverse trends and improve sales
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products and equipment
- Responsible sales and all other aspects of profit and loss, hiring and training of both management and hourly team, daily execution of Safety/Sanitation, quality of food preparation.
- Responsible for cleanliness, repair and maintenance of the building, and equipment Responsible for communicating and administrating all company policies and procedures.
- Scheduling, planning and forecasting while upholding and championing standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Optimize profit by ensuring that labor is scheduled efficiently, and food and supplies are ordered to maintain appropriate inventory.
- Exercise good judgement and decision making in escalating concerns and aggressively resolve issues.
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, local health and safety codes as well as The Halal Guys safety and security policies. Emphasize safety, sanitation and security awareness, and ensure that Team Members are properly trained to create safe situations
- Ensure adherence to Company cash handling and payment processing procedures.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels and responsible for the selection, on boarding and retention of Team Members through motivation, recognition, coaching and development
- Ensure Company standards on equipment, facility, and grounds are maintained by using a preventative maintenance program.
- Champion and adhere to all Company standards and policies including the Code of Conduct, Attendance and Uniform and Appearance policy
- Resolution oriented/ protect Company assets; prevent/diffuse situations that create potential risks to the organization
Restaurant Manager qualifications and skills
- 2+ years’ experience in the restaurant industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Working Condition Working around equipment for up to 10 hours
- Some exposure to chemical, fire, gases and odors.
- Standard office equipment including PC, copier, fax machine and printer
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Food Safety (Required)
- Must Complete NYC Food Protection Course
Role: Restaurant Manager
Apply for this job now.