Develop, test and maintain new applications as the next Software Developer sought by a Specialist IT Service Provider based in Durbanville. Your role will include building, testing, and analysing software programs and applications using the rapid application development platform Mendix as well as the e-Commerce platform Magento. Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a solid understanding of web application development using HTML, SASS, Typescript, ReactJS, NodeJS & Bootstrap.
- Define, design, develop, integrate, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications using the RAD platform Mendix (#removed#).
- Support development and maintenance of the e-Commerce platform using Magento 2 and PHP.
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant applications with an eye towards performance optimization.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
- Improve quality through application of TDD practices.
- Integrate designs, flows and processes.
- Industrialize solutions with DevOps.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by learning & applying software best practices.
- Tertiary qualification with IT related subjects as majors.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a solid understanding of web application development using HTML, SASS, Typescript, ReactJS, NodeJS & Bootstrap.
- Willingness to learn and develop on the Mendix RAD platform.
- Willingness to learn the Magento 2 platform using PHP.
- Basic understanding of API development.
- Basic understanding of database management systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with an international team with international customers in different time zones.
- Detailed, accurate, responsive, and inquisitive personality.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to #removed# and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on #removed#. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.