Midwife Band 6 - Community Integrated team or Barkantine Birth Centre
At Barts Health NHS Trust our local community is home to families from a diverse mix of ethnicity, social challenge and health needs, The Royal London Hospital is situated in the heart of East London and we have easy access to very good public transport links. We provide Maternity Services to approximately 5400 women a year and accommodate our women in very modern up to date facilitates.
Barts Health NHS Trust has a world-wide reputation for innovation in the care of mothers to be. Each birth is very special to us and we strive to make every woman's journey memorable. Building on our existing work around normalising birth we have expanded our services at the Royal London hospital site to include an alongside midwifery-led unit providing choice for women and improving their birthing experience. We are one of the only hospitals who are able to offer choice for women in 4 areas. These include a well-established freestanding birth centre of 10 years, an alongside birth centre, a dedicated homebirth team as well as the tertiary obstetric unit including maternity HDU.
This has provided opportunities for enthusiastic midwives with at least two years' experience post registration, with recent Intrapartum experience to work as midwives within the community and stand-alone Birth centre.This model of care enables midwives to keep up to date with all aspects of midwifery practice while offering continuity of care to women and their families in community. You will be required to rotate into the hospital setting every 18 months for a 3 month period.
We are looking for highly motivated midwives who have a passion and commitment to provide high quality care for women, enabling them to have a positive pregnancy and birth experience. Requirement:
What we can offer you:
- Registered midwife, with a minimum of two years post registration experience
- Possess appropriate clinical skills and knowledge with evidence of personal and professional development that will support the registered midwife role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a flexibility and willingness to participate in developing new working practices to ensure the provision of high standards of holistic care for women within your sphere of responsibility
- Be able to undertake on call commitments
- All round experience in a progressive environment, with the potential for individuals to develop a full range of midwifery skills in an acute hospital and community setting
- Extensive in-house mandatory training programme covering PROMPT through to Safeguarding Children supervision, as well as opportunities for further career development
- A wide range of staff benefits, including staff well-being programme within maternity and the trust, onsite subsidised gym classes, free theatre tickets and discounted trips
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential.
Our people strategy for [... Click Apply...]sets out our priorities and an action plan to meet our ambition. In this strategy, we set out the deal we are offering to you in return for living and breathing our values so that they shape everything that you do every single day.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer we actively support applications from individuals' who apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme and will process your application as appropriate.
We reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once a sufficient number of applications has been received and we regret that we are unable to provide notification if your application is unsuccessful.
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs.
By applying for this post you are agreeing to Barts Heath NHS Trust transferring the information contained in this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Barts Health is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and to child protection. The Trust aims to ensure as far as is possible that anyone, paid or unpaid, who seeks to work in our organisation and who gains access to children, is safe to do so. As such, you may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barri