Candidates must have advanced setup and operation skills on CNC Milling Machines, 5 Axis Preferred.
Pay depends on experience!
Setup and operate CNC metalworking and cutting equipment to perform one or more machining functions to produce a quality product per print.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Setup, operate and tend to CNC metalworking and cutting equipment, bar feed machines or robots to perform one or more machining functions on metal workpieces to produce quality parts to print, making program adjustments as required.
• Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
• Review program or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece dimensions, and numerical control sequences.
• Select appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of machining work.
• Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
• Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and the size and position of the cuts.
• Monitor machine operations and control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect problems.
• Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
• Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when necessary.
• Set controls to regulate machining and enter commands or load control media into machine controllers to retrieve programmed instructions.
• Preventative maintenance of CNC equipment.
• Setup future jobs while machines are operating.
• Perform part inspection and measure dimensions of in process and finished workpieces to ensure conformance to print specifications, using precision measuring instruments, optical comparator, CMM or vision machines, along with templates and fixtures.
• Communicate with manufacturing, engineering and production personnel from all departments to exchange pertinent information and problem solve issues.
• Assist with corrective and preventative actions are required.
• Meet and maintain established standards for scrap and indirect labor.
• Meet and maintain established production efficiency and effectiveness standards for running production and setting up machines.
• Proper and complete documentation off all production data in ERP system, and required paperwork including set up sheets, 1st piece inspection, job travelers, etc.
• Complete all documentation per ISO 13485 and FDA requirements.
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• 3-5 years of experience in CNC setup and advanced operation.
• Experience is ISO/FDA environment preferred.
• Knowledge of CNC equipment and tooling.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Proficient in the use of all machine shop precision measuring equipment including micrometer, caliper, optical compactor and vision machines.
• Knowledge and understanding of G&M coding.
• Knowledge and understanding of GD&T.
• Proficient in machine shop math.
• Knowledge of basic machine programming.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and quality control.
• Excellent manual dexterity, hand/eye coordination.
• Ability to be highly accurate with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve machining, quality and other issues.
• Ability to read and comprehend work instructions.
• Ability to repeat the same physical and mental activities over and over.
• Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, handle stressful situations, multitask and ability to prioritize work.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively, professionally and constructively.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that can be distracting or uncomfortable.
• Includes exposure to moving mechanical parts.
• Includes exposure to coolants and oils.
• Work environment is temperature controlled.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand or walk; use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• Requires bending and twisting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education, Certifications, and/or Licenses Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent