Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Working Hours: Monday - Thursday, 08:00-16:00, Fridays 07:00 -15:00
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Benefits: Up to 30 days holiday, Sportswear discounts, early finish Fridays, pension scheme
Our Client is a market leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion. Specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories, our Client nurtures a range of high-profile consumer brands in both the UK & International markets, creating outstanding product ranges with authentic brand identities.
About the Role
Our Client is looking to recruit a Product Developer who will be accountable for taking products from design, through the development cycle, into production.
- Develop and maintain a Comment Sheet per ID, requesting the relevant information from the factory and acting as a conduit between the factory and the buyer.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external functions such as Design, Account Managers (Sales), Major Accounts Administrators, buyers, and factories.
- Ensuring accuracy throughout the process, including giving due consideration to the necessary team working required to achieve the shared objectives.
- Providing the factories with the tools they need to ensure accuracy of the final product, thus reducing delays in hitting production deadlines and achieving the approved costing.
- Working in a time efficient manner, demonstrating an appreciation of the deadlines of all parties involved and the commercial impact of late submission of information, managing expectations accordingly.
Functional and/or Technical Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to interpret documents with minimal information (comfortable with ambiguity)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Facilitates ways for the team to work together in order to develop improved team working and appreciate where others are “coming from” (TEAM).
- Recognises the success of others and provides practical support in order to promote capability to succeed, build confidence and monitor actual business results against objectives (LEADERSHIP).
- Changes own approach to engage with other people in order to meet the needs and interests of others (COMMUNICATION)
- Seeks new/additional information and brings together ideas and solutions in order to fully understand more challenging issues and consider the implications of using specific solutions (RESULTS)
Please note that this vacancy closes to new applicants on Wednesday 9th December 2020.
Our Client is an equal opportunities employer.