An innovative fortune 500 company is looking for a Technical Specialist in their Plymouth, MI location.
Our technical specialists are leadership positions and are expected to be the key technical contact for our customers, management and the different engineering teams. They come with 10+ years of problem solving experience and with an ability to pick up new tooling and new domains quickly and contribute back to the organization. They assist engineering management with strategic decisions and breaking down work-packages for our team of engineers.
This position is focused on software and algorithm development in the domain on Autonomous Driving and Driving Assistance. Our team focusses on the building blocks of automated driving like perception, localization and trajectory planning. Besides Bosch proprietary tooling, we use the Robotic Operating System (ROS) for prototyping. Expertise in C++ and the ability to handle Linux/Ubuntu OS is expected for this position.
Often, you will lead requirement elicitation activities with the customer (internal/external). While doing so, you should be able to handle functional and non functional requirements diligently.
This position has a massive C++ codebase, and the right candidate must be willing to dive right in. You should be ready to work with system engineers to create scalable, maintainable and robust software designs for new driver assistance (ADAS) functions and/or automated driving (HAD, AD). Project are all SAE J3016 Level 3 and above.
Here are some of things you will be working on:
- After designing the prototype with the team, you will use formal methods to validate and verify your solutions.
- You will be sometimes asked to make legacy code run faster to ensure our embedded device can handle all that computation. Of course, the customer and your manager will expect you to do this without any compromise in the system performance.
- You will be creating code based on complicated math and turn that into understandable, readable code.
- You will document (just enough) and version control the code to allow for easy walk-backs and sharing with other divisions in Bosch, local or international. You will be using version control (we use git in some complicated ways to bring in multiple repositories), issue tracking (we use JIRA)
- You will help set up test cases to ensure that the code is bullet-proof since we work on safety critical systems that revolve around human life.
- Besides being a good coder yourself, you will need to motivate everyone around you to code better. You're used to being a servant leader and figuring out how to divide up the work, how to offer suggestions, and remove technical impediments.
- You will be writing code that's multi-platform (Linux, Windows and Embedded targets) and you'll need to be comfortable picking up whatever internal or open source libraries are needed to help you do it.
- Bachelor's degree or higher education in an engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of academic or professional experience in software code, software architect and embedded control systems, including expert C++ skills.
- 5+ years of working knowledge in other languages - Java or Python preferably.
- Aptitude for picking up new languages, as the job requires.
- Candidate will have a passion for innovation and a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications.
- Knowledge of driver assistance sensor technologies and functions as well as vehicle electrical architecture.
- Exposure to Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Excellent communication skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customers.
- Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion.
- Comfortable with in-vehicle test activities Experience with Vector tools such as CANape and CANalyzer.
- Experience with designing state machines and scalable.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN and Automotive Ethernet.
VP Total Solutions is a creative and flexible staffing firm specializing in contract to hire, long-term contract and direct placement. We have the ability to save companies thousands of dollars due to our low overhead business structure without compromising quality or quick turnaround.
IT, Automotive, Engineering, Clerical, Call Center, Manufacturing and General labor are just some examples of the industries we focus on. We literally have thousands of resumes in our database full of candidates that could be a perfect fit for your hiring needs.
This is a challenging position in a nice, clean environment with a world class company and there is plenty of room for growth!
With over 60 years of experience in the staffing business, we are professionals that analyze your business and company culture to ensure a great fit at a great rate!
VP Total Solutions offers Health Benefits w/Vision Insurance, Life and Disability insurance and paid holidays after 90 days of employment.
We look forward to helping you with any upcoming projects or helping you manage your workforce by placing the right person in the right job!
Role: Software System Specialist - Automated Driving and Driver - C++
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.