COMPANY: KAVANAGH MOTOR GROUP
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £10 per hour Plus OTE
Kavanagh Motor Group provides emergency motoring assistance to stranded motorists across the capital and home counties. The customer base is formed predominately from the national vehicle recovery organisations including Green Flag, AA & RAC. The family owned company attends several hundred breakdown incidents every day and we are seeking a high quality Class 1 category driver to join our high performing recovery team.
The job is extremely varied, whether it’s transporting broken down vehicles to get customers home or clearing the highways of serious accidents no day is ever the same. Working on a structured shift pattern you will operate the latest in cutting edge vehicle recovery equipment following intensive specialist training.
The team will be operating 7 days a week, 365 days a year and for that reason the role is offered on a shift pattern of 4 days on duty, 2 days off duty. You will be on the same shift time on each day you are on duty and your shift is 12 hours in duration with appropriate breaks.
To provide excellent customer care to our clients whilst recovering their casualty vehicle and passengers from point of initial vehicle breakdown or collision to a place of repair or storage.
- Carry out daily FLOWER and walk around checks and report defects for action
- Drive to a safe and professional standard at all times
- Correctly record domestic / drivers hours dependent operational requirement
- Dynamically risk assess all incidents you attend
- Provide excellent customer care to all our clients
- Proactively problem solve any incident you attend
- Liaise with our customer contact centre to ensure deployment times are at a minimum
- Work flexibly with our customers in mind as your prime concern
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Highly reliable and team focussed
- Flexible and adaptable to additional hours required at times of peak demand
- Experienced working to deadlines and targets under pressure
- Being an experienced shift worker is preferable
- Enjoy delivering excellent customer care in distressed customer care scenarios
- Driving license to the appropriate category
- Training to some or all of CPC hours is preferred
- Digital tachograph card is essential
- Vehicle recovery experience is not required, we recruit on attitude and train all staff to the highest industry standards