JOB TITLE: Childcare Solicitor
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 5 days per week
PAY RATE: from £19.64 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Childcare Solicitor for our client based in Solihull.
This post holder is required to undertake a caseload of care proceedings, including advocacy, and related advisory work. Public Law childcare experience is essential and preferably within a local authority legal team.
The team is working remotely currently until at least March 2020. Advocacy is undertaken via BT MeetMe, Microsoft Teams and other video platforms and as such location of candidates is not limited to the local area.
Part-time candidates would be considered, however full-time, or job-share would be preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing legal support to our Children's Services and Skills Directorate. The post holder may also be required on occasion to assist with other areas of work undertaken by the Social Care and Education Team, including on behalf of our Adult Care and Support Directorate.
- Advising Members and Officers of the Council, its partners and clients on legal procedural and policy matters.
- Managing a full, varied and demanding caseload.
- Giving advice and drafting legal documents on a range of legal issues, including policy and procedure.
- Conducting litigation and advocacy on behalf of the Council in all levels of family, civil and criminal courts, tribunals, panels and enquiries.
- Advising clients of legal and other consequences of proposed courses of action, so as to enable them to give or modify instructions effectively and to act lawfully, and in the best interest of the Council, Partner or Client.
- Participating in the briefing and training of clients, colleagues, and wider partner authorities to ensure that they are kept up to date with the law and emerging issues.
- As and when required attending Council Committees and Sub-Committees and handling legal and advisory work connected with this.
- Accurately recording time worked.
- Conducting all work in accordance with Practice Management Standards laid down by the Law Society (Lexcel) and all other Departmental and performance standards.
- · Any other appropriate duties as and when required.
- Public Law childcare experience essential, preferably within a local authority legal team.
- · Qualified to practice in England or Wales as a Solicitor or Barrister, or a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
- Detailed technical knowledge and recent legal practice in public law childcare proceedings.
- · Demonstrable understanding of The Children Act 1989, Children and Families Act 2014 and other relevant legislation, case law and guidance.
- · Knowledge and practical experience of Family Court protocols and procedures.
- · Experience of undertaking advocacy in recent legal practice
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme