Hope by the Sea is seeking experienced medical staff to work in our medication coordination office. We are seeking full time staff to work Monday - Friday. Pay range is based on education, skill and abilities. Health Benefits are available to full time employees after 60 days of employment.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Current TB test.
- Education in the medical field, medical terminology, and work experience.
- Experience taking vitals and recording information.
- Experience with patient assessment.
- Experience with Trauma Informed care and de-escalation techniques.
- Provide triage assessment for client medical / psychiatric emergency crisis.
- Review physician prescriptions to ensure accurate initial, change, or discontinue Medication Activity Records are created for residential staff use.
- Audit staff medication logs for accuracy and completeness.
- Regular and frequent monitoring of vital signs (pulse, temperature, respiration)
- Provide medication use training, including medication purpose, risks, intended benefits, targeted behavior or symptoms, side effects, pregnancy risks, reactions, self-administering instructions, and documentation to clinical and support staff.
- Additional duties may be required if deemed necessary by administration.
- Knowledge of symptoms consistent with substance abuse and withdrawal.
- Complete Urinary drug screen and breathalyzer tests
- Document client intake and discharge or transfer accurately.
At Hope by the Sea's California addiction treatment center, we believe in our clients inner strength and ability to change. We know that drug addicts and alcoholics can recover with a treatment program that is right for them. Hope by the Sea offers a number of different types of treatment programs, including our college track, Traditional 12 step track and Christian drug rehab, and a non- twelve step Alternative Treatment track that can serve more people than other treatment facilities. Our Staff is dedicated to helping people achieve long-term recovery so that they are able to again live normal lives.
Hope by the Sea's addiction treatment facility offers a residential detoxification program that aids in cleansing a person's mind, body, and spirit. It is important to start the treatment program with clarity so that new knowledge about how to live in recovery can be assimilated and retained. The detoxification process can range in severity and length of time depending on many factors such as the types of drugs used, a person's age, health, and the duration of prior drug use. No matter what the factors are, successful drug abuse treatment begins with individuals who desire change and staff members who are experienced at guiding patients through each step of the process.
Role: Medication Coordinator Assistant
Location: San Juan Capistrano,
Apply for this job now.