Job Description - Shop Support Person
40 hours per week, Occasional Overtime
June 22nd, 2018
Coordinates the receiving and inventory management of aftermarket vehicle accessories in our San Antonio, Texas installation facility. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure the inventory and work area is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shipping and Receiving responsibilities for several product lines.
- Palletize, box, and prepare orders for shipping.
- Sound understanding of warehouse inventory procedures and safe warehouse storage practices.
- Experience working with basic computer programs such as Microsoft software and email.
- Completion of work in a timely manner in accordance with company expectations.
- Ability to identify and source products in the warehouse with work orders and manufacturers part number identification.
- Checks receiving orders for accuracy, and keeps accurate files of material received.
- Assist the branch manager in improving inventory accuracy and process improvement.
- Follow all safety rules, policies, and operate all company tools and equipment in a safe manner using required safety equipment.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skill.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Work area can be exposed to extreme temperatures (highs and lows).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; kneel; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 70 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional overtime may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- 18 years old with a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow detailed written instructions as provided.
- 1 + year experience in the operation of forklifts or other material handling equipment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous warehouse or inventory control experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
None required for this position.
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
National light-duty commercial van, truck, and automotive aftermarket equipment company.
Role: Shop Support Person
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.