Responsible for performing all diagnostic x-ray examinations not requiring constant supervision of technical details with a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, radiographic techniques and positioning.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate company's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Practices within the scope of the CRT & ARRT license.
- Produces radiographic/digital images with emphasis to technique (KvP & MAS), exposure index, collimation, shielding, identification markers, positioning and artifacts.
- Monitor personal radiation badge.
- Assists Radiologists during fluoroscopic examinations.
- Operates all x-ray equipment to obtain maximum diagnostic images.
- Monitors x-ray equipment to assure safety and proper working conditions.
- Works with patients of all age groups and explains procedures, assuring understanding of such procedures.
- Uses sterile techniques and provides a safe environment to patients and staff according to company and department policies.
- Ensures that the patient’s need for privacy and confidentiality are met and that the patient is physically covered whenever possible.
- Ensures that the delivery of services reflect efficient and effective use of supplies and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Identifies and reports potentially unsafe systems, processes and/or situations.
- Performs general office duties including coordination of daily radiology schedule and ordering supplies.
- Attends and participates in educational programs and shares knowledge with peers.
- Maintains CRT & ARRT continuing education units.
- Assists in the development of new procedures and techniques as required.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Current CRT, FLUORO and ARRT certification.
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of Radiological Technology.
- Documentation of continuing Radiology training.
- Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience.
- 3 to 4 years post-training experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.