The expertise of a forward-thinking Senior Data Warehouse Developer is sought by a Risk Management Consultancy in Pretoria to innovatively solve complex business information needs through the application of the latest BI tools & technology. You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative/Engineering/Computer Sciences field or equivalent discipline, have at least 6 years' experience in a similar role & be skilled with the Microsoft BI stack - SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI. Any experience within a Medical Service/ Funding industry will prove beneficial. Please note this is an EE Only position.
- Develop and prepare schedule for new data warehouse.
- Prepare plans for all ETL procedures and architectures.
- Analyse large databases and recommend appropriate optimization for same.
- Design data models and define both logical and physical models.
- Administer all requirements and design various functional specifications for data.
- Provide support to Software Development Life cycle.
- Analyse various data warehouse objects.
- Prepare ad hoc queries reports for both technical and business teams.
- Prepare various code designs and ensure efficient implementation of same.
- Evaluate all codes and ensure quality of all project deliverables.
- Monitor data warehouse work and provide subject matter expertise.
- Provide support to teams in all technical matters.
- Provide training to all employees of development team.
- Coordinate with external clients and participate in various technical meetings.
- Design and implement various unit tests on system and prepare test data.
- Bachelors' Degree in a Quantitative, Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent.
- 6 - 8 Years of related experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI).
- Previous experience within a Medical Service/ Funding or similar industry is advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at a senior level.
- Personal Drive - Willingness and desire to go the extra mile in solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries.
- Team Player - Willingness, and desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organisations.
- Collaborates productively with internal/external partners, subject matter experts, and business leaders.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to #removed# and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on #removed#. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.