We are currently seeking a Finance Manager. Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President of Finance & Accounting, the Finance Manager provides computational, quantitative, and analytical support to the credit union's senior managers, supports programs and/or models that evaluate the organization's asset/liability strategy as well as assist with the development of critical analyses that drive decision-making for the credit union's balance sheet. Knowledge and experience in C. Myers Asset Liability Modeling system is strongly preferred.
A key function for this role will be to assist in the design, development and deployment of automated systems to manage and analyze data, monitor and report on interest rate risk and liquidity risk, and perform forecasting, periodic stress testing, and scenario analysis. Likewise, the Finance Manager will have a strong understanding of the relationships between various components of the balance sheet such as NEV, liquidity analyses, ROA, ROI, etc.
- Assists in the (a) preparation of executive level presentations (ALCO, Board, etc.) and (b) reporting the interest rate risk position, including duration of equity, economic value of equity sensitivity, and earnings at risk.
- Communicates valuation and net interest income analytics to senior management. Reports results of Asset-Liability Management (ALM) Stress Tests (Liquidity, IRR, and Capital).
- Assists in the documentation, implementation, and monitoring of policies, procedures, and practices for interest rate, liquidity, and funding risk, as well as investment portfolio management.
- Develops documentation for modeling processes and data management.
- Implements and deploy automated solutions for the collection of data and the production of risk metrics reports
- Streamlines, re-factors, and enhances existing risk and performance analytics and processes
- Conducts data querying, manipulation, transformation, and analysis of large data sets
- Contributes to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools
- Designs, builds, and maintains a robust framework for the efficient, timely, and accurate production of summary risk information for subsequent distribution to senior management, board members, and regulators.
- Enhances the data and reporting infrastructure to allow for faster and more effective information flow. Assists with the design and implementation of data models, tools, processes, and governance for analytic systems used in ALM.
- Conducts analyses to validate models (e.g. prepayment), market inputs (e.g. volatility), and reported results to ensure adequate modeling and accurate balance sheet risk reporting.
- Develops analytical models to explain the change in values of assets and liabilities, and provides attribution and sensitivity analyses for all inputs and assumptions that may drive gains or losses.
- Implements new measures to quantify risk, assesses portfolio manager performance, and monitors portfolio construction.
- Manages and analyzes data for the purpose of generating collateral cash flows and related calculations.
- Models, analyzes, and reports re-pricing mismatches, basis risk, yield curve risk, and options risk
- Performs model governance activities consistent with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development of liquidity risk measurement and monitoring techniques and systems, and in monitoring liquidity and cash flow projections to ensure that risk limit thresholds are not exceeded.
- Evaluates the performance of a variety of asset and liability portfolios by employing quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Performs Net Interest Income and Economic Value of Equity forecasting and “What-If” analyses.
- Reviews analytical tools, methodologies, and third party reports to ensure that high-quality asset and liability economic analysis is being performed; assists with back testing model assumptions and results to validate and improve forecasting; assists in business planning, budgeting, and stress testing processes
- Maintains solid understanding of evolving regulatory requirements
- Challenges the status quo and seek opportunities to make processes more robust, accurate and comprehensive
- Assists in various planned and ad hoc corporate projects and initiatives like stress testing, forecasting, corporate planning, quarterly earnings preparation, and other analysis as necessary
- Undertakes other work-related duties as assigned by SVP of Finance and Accounting, EVP/CFO and/or President/CEO.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Formal Education
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in asset liability management modeling software, specifically C. Myers
- Expertise in relational database and SQL
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, analytics, reporting, and best practices
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, detail-orientation, independent thinking, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and quantitative tools such as value at risk
- Self-directed and motivated to solve urgent problems by conducting ad hoc analysis and/or reaching out to other departments as necessary
- Understanding of structured finances, such as MBS and CMO cash flows
- 5+ years of experience directly related to asset liability management or interest rate management, modeling fixed income products, SQL/Tableau
- 5+ years of experience in corporate treasury or finance at banking institution
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Powered by JazzHR