Company: BENNETT & GAME RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Bennett and Game are proud to be working with a global leader in International & UK Logistics. Our client are actively seeking a proven Business Development Manager to assist in the overall growth and management of one of their client base and business operation.
The role will be predominately based in West Thurrock with regular travel involved. Our client offer full and specialist services in UK, EU and International multi-modal logistics and storage solutions.
Business Development Manager Position Overview
- Actively prospecting and bringing in business in UK and other territories through external sales visits and presentations to customers.
- Cold calling to approach to new business where it's necessary to expand the customer pool.
- Understanding the customer needs and provide solutions satisfying customers' requirements.
- Assisting for completion of Tenders.
- Optimising SOP and confirming with operations to support the solution provided to the customer.
- Retaining good relationship with existing and new customers.
- Ensuring that operational and financial issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Managing existing customers' accounts and always ensuring information integrity.
- Work alongside the Operations Team to support the handling of incoming customer queries.
- Taking ownership of the various project and ensure the sustainable sales pipeline
- Provide weekly plan and report to the country manager on current and potential business activities
- Approximately 1 or 2 days in the office and 3 or 4 days on the road
Business Development Manager Position Requirements
- Proven track record of selling in international logistics and freight industry
- Strong business acumen, articulate and resourceful
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Must have customer liaison skills
- Extensive knowledge about international logistics product and operation processes
- Connections & industry relationships (strongly desirable)
- Must be able to commute to customers' sites when needed
- Must have full UK driven licence
Business Development Manager Position Remuneration
- Package: £50,000 - £60,000.00 + commission and performance Bonus
- Company Car or Car allowance
- Monday to Friday
- 31 Days Holidays (incl public holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- On-site parking
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.