We are looking for a commercial lawyer for the position of Counsel within Disney Consumer Products for a fixed term maternity cover contract starting mid-September, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of five lawyers providing legal advice and support to Disney Consumer Products (Merchandise Licensing), Publishing, The Disney Stores and The Disney Store Online and Emerging Markets. This will include the drafting of all commercial agreements including licenses and distribution (including digital distribution) agreements, and the provision of general commercial advice (including competition law advice) and support of all areas within scope of and under supervision of above Line Manager. The team also coordinates across the EMEA region where necessary (including, but not limited to close liaison with local Disney counsel in territories involved).
The position requires a lawyer with exposure to general contract and commercial law, digital and e-commerce issues, established drafting skills and the ability to handle multiple competing matters with a commercial mind-set. Ideally, the candidate will have some knowledge and background of food and cosmetics law.
The ideal candidate will:
- Think strategically: examines issues from a broad perspective and develops clear strategies
- Drive Results: analyses problems and takes effectively action to resolve
- Builds relationships: facilitates win-win situations and communicates clearly
- Exhibits professional excellence: stays current on business issues, industry trends and technology advances
We are looking for skills in the following areas:
- Contract, IP and/or Media Law specialisation/expertise (in-house or private practice)
- Contractual responsibilities in Business Delivery
- Knowledge of competition law
- Understanding of different contractual types and structures
- Understanding of digital distribution issues relating to apps and e-publishing products.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Methodical and meticulous
- Accurate completion of license agreements within agreed timelines
- Communication of legal matters to non-legal audience
- Ideally some knowledge of food and cosmetics law
- Providing continuing support to the Contract Management Centre (CMC) for the drafting of all license agreements for food health and beauty licensing businesses throughout EMEA.
- Provision of general legal advice on commercial and competition law issues arising from the merchandise licensing businesses.
- Providing general legal support to the Disney Store, including on global supply chain management issues, direct sourcing and consumer law.
- Ad hoc support to Disney businesses, including to the health and safety, PR, Brand and Communications teams, as well as teams in Emerging Markets.
- Solicitor training, ideally undertaken at a media focused law firm
- Proven experience in similar level role
Company Overview Walt Disney set the standard for character licensing in the entertainment industry when he licensed the image of Mickey Mouse for a children''s notebook. Today, Disney Consumer Products is the world''s largest licencor of intellectual property, bringing Disney magic to the heart of the home through compelling products and experiences. Working here, you will translate Disney''s beloved brand, stories and characters into a broad range of consumer products that feed the imagination, create fashion, encourage healthy eating habits, and add the excitement to celebrations. Additional InformationJoin a company passionate about great products. From fashion, toys and home décor to books and magazines, furniture and food, Disney-branded products capture hearts and inspire lifelong memories.
For further information please contact:Zoe Pease, Director of Executive Search EMEA
The Walt Disney Company
Direct Line +44 (0)20 8222 5237Only successful candidates will be contacted
See descriptionRole: Counsel (Director) - Fixed Term Maternity Cover Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.