Journeyman Electric Motor Mechanic, PHOENIX AZ
Under general supervision, disassembles, inspects, repairs and re-assembles electric motors UP TO 10,000 HP.. Performs and inspects preventive maintenance and repairs to mechanical equipment, ensuring that all work is completed within industrial standards and codes. Performs any other tasks that may be assigned by supervisors. To be designated an Electric Motor Mechanic A typically requires 4-5 years experience and the ability to complete these tasks independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dismantles, moves, installs, or repairs vertical and horizontal electric motors, machinery and mechanical equipment.
2. Examines motors, machinery or mechanical equipment; identifies reasons for malfunction and completes repairs and/or maintenance.
3. Inspects parts for any changes in dimensions utilizing rules, calipers, micrometers, or other appropriate tools.
4. Installs new equipment and systems and repairs and maintains current equipment and systems as needed.
5. Reviews work in progress; checks and inspects as necessary for conformance to job and industry specifications.
6. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
7. Assists supervisors in the implementation of training programs; tutors and coaches technicians, providing training materials and instruction on proper job techniques.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance according to published guidelines.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to read, understand and follow strict safety procedures.
• Ability to interpret technical manuals.
• Knowledge of computerized maintenance management principles as related to supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to repair, dismantle, install or move machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Knowledge of maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and systems.
• Ability to perform inspections and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
• Ability to test systems and log results.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Credentials and Experience:
High school diploma or GED; and at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
• Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
• Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
• Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
• During customer site visits, exposure to wide variety of potential hazards that require following extensive, customer mandated safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
LARON has established a reputation over the past 30 years as a leader in machining, fabrication, millwright services, electrical equipment repair and manufacturing, new equipment sales, and predictive maintenance. This reputation has been based on supporting the mining, manufacturing, power generation, gas transmission and construction industries by creating a partnership of trust and confidence.
Our Mission: We, at Laron provide industrial support services to established and newly acquired customers to increase the uptime of their operations. To accomplish this we build on our core values of innovation, responsiveness, first-time-quality and value-added-service. We strive to maintain a business environment that is principled, moral and honest with our employees, customers, vendors and lenders.
Our Vision: To be the preferred solution resource for industries that provide the fundamental needs of a changing world through Service Innovation and Education.
Safety: Laron has no greater priority than the safety of our employees. Our Total Quality Service Program encompasses not only the quality of our work but also the safety or our employees, customers and vendors.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Role: Journeyman Electric Motor Mechanic
Apply for this job now.