The chemical preweigher will contribute to the success of our customers by ensuring that batches weighed accurately and in a timely manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all batches are weighed as prioritized and in a manner to contribute to the success of our customers.
- Produce batches as prioritized daily (or based on production requirements)
- Ensure that chemicals are weighed in order (unless otherwise specified)
- Accurately document weighing transactions on the batch record.
- Ensure that weighed batches are properly labeled & stored in the designated racks
2. Ensure that chemicals are accurately weighed to preserve batch integrity.
- Ensure the correctness of chemicals to be weighed by verifying part numbers & lot numbers.
- Ensure that the correct quantity of each chemical is weighed.
- Ensure that any error is corrected & documented according to SOP.
3. Maintain a correct chemical inventory.
- Ensure that every chemical is accurate prior to relocation.
- Ensure any discrepancy is investigated, documented and corrected timely.
- Makes sure inventory adjustments/transactions are timely and correct.
- Cycle count as necessary.
4. Ensure that the department is always clean & organized.
- Ensure that there are always cleaned and sanitized utensils.
- Ensure that cleaning is done as per the departments cleaning logs.
5. Understand and maintain a culture of “lean action” within the department so that we live lean better than any organization.
- Implement and maintain standards and processes that eliminate waste throughout the department.
- Apply and utilize “lean tools” to permanently implement improvements.
- Institutionalize 5-S in all aspects of the department. (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain)
6. Perform other work as assigned.
1-3 years experience in chemical preweighing, chemical handling or in a similar environment.
Apex International is a rapidly growing & financially stable environment that prides itself on internal employee development, promotion from within, and providing a collaborative, fun and dynamic working environment. Apex International offers competitive wages, a full benefits package including medical & dental for full-time employees, various insurance options (life, long & short term disability, AD&D), 401k options, generous vacation and additional PTO accrual.
Role: Chemical preweigh
Apply for this job now.