D&A group are currently looking for a Transport Manager one of our new clients in the Saffron Walden area. This is a long-term role, starting immediately with the prospect of going permanent.
Your duties will include:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the transport department, overseeing all aspects of the fleet and its drivers.
- Planning of daily workload and organisation of manpower to ensure that all runs are covered in a cost effective and efficient manner, including management of any agency requirements.
- Ensuring that all legal requirements are adhered to with regard to tacho collection, driver hours and transport legislation and that any offences are communicated to drivers and action taken if appropriate.
- Ensuring that the Company's legal responsibilities in regards to road transport operations are fully complied with. Ensuring that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and that there is an up-to-date scheduled maintenance planner.
- Keeping accurate records and producing reports for other departments within the organisation. Proven experience of managing a transport fleet.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance is beneficial but not essential
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Have a good understanding of the third party haulage market
- Able to work effectively in a close team
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Able to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year
- Able to communicate well at all levels within the business
- Have the ability to identify and suggest improvements to benefit both the Company and our customer
- Highly motivated
- Knowledge of Road Runner would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
- PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns
- National & International CPC License / Understanding
Call Sam today on 01223 661100 for more information.
We have recently partnered with Cambridge United FC so look out for us on the mainstand!