SHAREHOLDER RELATIONSHIP: supporting the General Counsel and Company Secretary in managing the shareholder relationship.
BOARD; BOARD MEETINGS; BOARD, EXECUTIVE AND MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES:
- assisting the General Counsel and Company Secretary in supporting the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors and taking management responsibility for the company’s relevant statutory and regulatory compliance;
- managing the design and maintenance of the annual work programme and board meetings and board and executive committees’ calendar;
- assisting the General Counsel and Company Secretary with the agenda and board pack preparation for board meeting
- managing the agenda and committee pack preparation, approval and despatch processes for board and executive committees;
- overseeing meeting logistics and administration for executive committees;
- communicating relevant decisions from board meetings and committees to senior management;
- communicating relevant decisions from executive committees to colleagues and others;
- creating and maintaining other management committees as required.
- upholding good group governance practices and providing advice and support to the CEO, CFO and colleagues as required;
- clarifying and confirming internal authorisation requirements for specific matters;
- maintaining relevant policies and procedures;
- assisting the General Counsel and Company Secretary in preparing the annual review of compliance (and relevant updates at other times) for Board approval;
- communicating relevant changes to senior management and monitoring implementation.
ANNUAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS: preparing relevant corporate governance sections of annual reports and accounts.
- overseeing ex-UK subsidiary relevant statutory compliance and maintenance of UK subsidiary terms of reference and UK subsidiary statutory records;
- overseeing the relationship with the external UK company secretarial services provider.
SUBSIDIARY ENTITY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS:
- preparing relevant sections of the brief for use by business unit finance teams;
- reviewing relevant sections of the statements and overseeing the approval and signature process.
GROUP WEBSITE AND INTRANET:overseeing the maintenance and development of the Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance sections of the sites and other relevant areas.
OTHER DUTIES: performing other duties as directed by the General Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent required;
- ACIS or ICSA qualification required or equivalent corporate governance qualification, with 3+ years of post-qualification experience;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Experience of working in a Company Secretarial team;
- Experience of working with Board directors and Senior Management;
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders;
- Experience of working with international teams.