CyHawk Hospitality, Inc., franchisee for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery is now hiring Bakers
for our Perkins Restaurant across from Menards in Waterloo
.Stop in any time to apply at:
4045 Hammond Ave. - Waterloo
Benefits of working for us include:
1. Supportive ownership that believes in family
2. Closed on Christmas Day
3. Yearly anniversary checks for continued employment*
4. Free Employee Meals and family discounts*
5. Competitive wages for your experience
6. Paychecks delivered weekly
7. Flexible hours & schedules
8. Structured training program for all positions
9. Referral bonus for great employees who recruit other great employees
10. Career path that rewards you financially for your advancement within the company*Ask manager for detailsSUMMARY OF POSITION
Prepare bakery items according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Responsible for helping to maintain food costs and maintain cleanliness of the kitchen at all times. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Bake - Prepare bakery items according to Perkins standards and specifications. Label and date all trays of baked items. Observe proper food storage procedures. Ensures high standards of food safety.
- Display - Set up and maintain the display cases. Use proper merchandising display techniques. Work with Host and Cashier to set up samples, holiday packaging and merchandising.
- Clean - Follow proper sanitation procedures in the kitchen, walk-ins and dry storage areas. Keep bakery prep and storage areas clean and organized. Clean and sanitize bakery cases and display items. The Baker is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of all bakery equipment, pans and utensils. Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned and ensures food products are prepared as specified by recipes.
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing items.
- Maintains Cleanliness
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and storage areas
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- “Clean as you go” throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department standards
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots, pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of bakery cases
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with the front of house staff.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.