Company: CYGNET HEALTH CARE
Job Type: Part time
Salary: £33,000PA (FTE £55,000)
Are you an experienced Psychotherapist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Psychotherapist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Ealing on a part time, 3 days per week basis.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our service users – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Hospital Ealing:
Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a welcoming, non-institutional environment, offering personalised treatment for service users with an eating disorder or personality disorder over two separate wards.
New Dawn Ward:
New Dawn Ward at Cygnet Hospital Ealing is a 9 bed specialist Tier 4 service, providing treatment, care and support for women with a personality disorder who are ready to engage in therapy.
- Work as a team Psychotherapist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
- To provide a psychotherapeutic service to wards at Cygnet Ealing including assessment and formulation, therapeutic intervention, implementation and monitoring of outcomes
- To offer a range of evidence based individual and group therapeutic interventions within the service
- To provide reflective practice to staff so as to support service users from diverse backgrounds in building the life worth living by working to create a psychologically safe and trusting environment
- To undertake service evaluation, audit and research as necessary
- To contribute to service development through new, evidence-based initiatives
- To work as an autonomous professional within (e.g. BPS/HCPC/BACP) guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies of the service, following and contributing to the development of service procedures.
- To work within NICE guidelines
We are looking for someone who is...
- Registered Psychotherapist – post graduate diploma level or equivalent
- Preferably trained in DBT however not essential as training will be provided
- Experience working in secure settings
- Experience of 1:1 work with individuals with complex needs
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments including the HCR-20
- Experience of delivering group based interventions
- Experience of MDT working
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches e.g. ACT, Schema, CFT, attachment, CBT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.