Do you understand modern networks and transformation from traditional MPLS (LDP signalled) networks to BGP signalled networks and underlying IGP transformation (that may be needed)? Do you understand SDN technologies, and are able to demonstrate working knowledge of working in an environment with a network controller? Epsilon Teleommunications in London (currently home working, but you must be able to get into the office in the future) are seeking a Core Network engineer to help them move forward in their Juniper network environment. Ideally you have many years experience with Juniper networks and the Juniper eco system. You should also have worked in a large migration project moving customers from one platform to another through automation and be able to articulate which tools were used.
The Network Engineer includes responsibility for design and configuration of our global IP-MPLS backbone to enable new services, build documentation and processes for provisioning teams. A key element to one of these roles includes engagement with the product team on developing new or enhancing exiting solutions, with our technical partners and cloud operators; ensuring these network solutions are integrated into the development stack for our customer portal. This is a network and service development role spanning many technologies including security, cloud, traditional networking as well as NVF and SDN.
Participation in network planning meetings and provision of high & low-level designs for all new network/service development activities.
Work in close collaboration with the service assurance teams to ensure the necessary documentation is created and monitoring is setup for all network and service metrics, to enable proactive monitoring of backbone and customer services.
Support the capacity management team with identifying metrics to monitor for new service types and new developments and provide thresholds for alerts.
Act as Level 3 escalation for network/service outages and complex customer issues, in addition to providing technical support to Service Delivery teams and Technical sales for complex orders and high value bids.
More about Epsilon Telecommunications:
Epsilon Telecommunications provides connectivity and infrastructure outsourcing solutions to communications, applications, content and cloud service providers globally. We have the network infrastructure, intelligence and expertise to deliver connectivity and communications services that support the success of our customers.
- Responsible for on-boarding of partners onto Epsilons network
- Technical design of new products and services offered through partners and on-net
- Adhere to change control processes for any network changes
- Follow technology trends and understand the technical details (rfc etc)
- HLD and LLD development where needed
- Development of provisioning procedures for any new services
- Development and updating of troubleshooting procedures
- Development of Infiny troubleshooting guides for network and customer service related issues.
- Write technical stories for Automation development as required
- Drive best practice for alarm and event clearing and assurance practice into the NOC where needed.
- Support NOC and Provisioning teams when needed.
- Support technical sales team when needed
- Support day to day network operations where required.
- Participate in on-call rota.
Skills and experience needed:
Network engineer with working knowledge of service provider network technologies, such as IP-MPLS, BGP and SD-WAN solutions. Preferably with Juniper and or Nokia routers.
Demonstrate working experience of designing netw