Schaaf & Wheeler is looking for a highly motivated civil engineer to assist with hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and with water and wastewater infrastructure projects in one of our 4 northern California offices.
Typical projects include: analysis and design of water systems and/or components including computer modeling, design of pump stations, storm drain hydraulics, sewer hydraulics, flood control hydrology and hydraulics, cost estimating, preparation of bid packages, permitting assistance, AutoCAD drafting, field surveying, and report writing.
- A minimum of a BS in Civil Engineering and 0-7+ years of experience designing water resource related infrastructure and performing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses.
- An advanced degree is a plus.
- An EIT is required.
- A Professional Engineering license is required at the Associate Engineer level and above. If you have a PE license in another U.S. state, you must be able to get your CA license within one year of hire.
- The ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with clients and project team members.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Recent intermediate level AutoCAD experience is required.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS is highly preferred.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. A relocation package is available; however, local candidates are preferred. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including breastfeeding), age (40 and over), marital status, denial of family and medical care leave (when applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, family responsibilities, disability (mental and physical), including HIV and AIDS, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status or political affiliation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. EOE.
Schaaf & Wheeler provides a wide range of water resources engineering services to clients throughout California, Nevada, Washington and Hawaii. Founded in 1985, the firm has significant experience planning and engineering storm water, potable water, recycled water, and waste water systems, and restoring our rivers, streams, and estuaries. Schaaf & Wheeler also has an extensive and successful background analyzing floodplains, revising FEMA flood maps, and performing Flood Insurance Studies. Headquartered in Santa Clara, we maintain additional offices in San Francisco, Salinas, and Santa Rosa.
Role: Civil Engineer - Water Resources Engineering (all levels)
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.