Are you a delivery focused Information Governance Manager? Do you have excellent information assurance skills and experience in supporting Data Protection and Cyber Security? Are you interested in helping develop an Information Security Management System?
As Information Governance Manager you will have experience in a broad range of areas:
This will include information assurance, data protection and related legislation.
You will be responsible for promoting best practice in managing data and IT security.
You will have knowledge of information security and risk management and experience of policy development and implementing training to raise awareness of information governance and IT security.
It is therefore essential that as Information Governance Manager you have significant experience of Information Assurance, Data Protection and good knowledge in Cyber Security.
You will likely be qualified at the level of Auditor or Assessor in ISO 27001, PCI-DSS or similar standards.
As the Information Governance Manager, your main duties will include:
- Ensuring the management, security and integrity of data held within IT systems is compliant with Client's policies, local arrangements and relevant legislation;
- Providing leadership, expert advice and guidance relating to information governance for data held within IT Systems at the Client and supporting users involved in wider data management activities;
- Controlling the flow of data in and out of systems used by the Client to prevent unauthorised disclosure, including use of statistical disclosure control, pseudonymisation and anonymisation techniques;
- Undertaking routine or ad hoc audits to test compliance with IA policies or standards and carry out risk assessment identifying information risks reporting as appropriate to managers and working across IT to minimise or mitigate these;
- Working with the Client's Legal Affairs team to provide expert advice and guidance in the relevant legal areas e.g. DPA/GDPR, RIPA, FOI;
- Developing good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners and commercial partners in order to maintain and build Leeds reputation;
- Assessing and managing the organisation's compliance with security objectives, policies, standards and processes;
- Developing the Information Assurance and IT Security policies, procedures and training documents and lead on the communication and training of these;
- Managing the reporting and investigation of incidents and breaches. Work cross team to investigate issues and recommend appropriate control improvements;
- Supporting the delivery of new projects via agreed processes including the drafting, review or advice on Data Sharing and Data Processing Agreements;
- Operating and maintaining the Client's PCI-DSS certification as well as developing the other Information Security Management Systems
Fantastic Benefits Package including 25 days paid holiday every year. Plus approximately 15.5 days off for bank holidays/ closure.
If this sounds like the role for you please apply today. Candidates will be submitted COB 24th May so please apply before then.
Candidates will be contacted by phone.
Completing an application form will be required and will be provided to contacted applicants.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
Role: INFORMATION GOVERNANCE MANAGER
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Apply for this job now.