COMPANY: THOMSON LRC
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Competitive Salary & Benefits Package on Offer
Leading national law practice continues their growth in Scotland and they are currently looking to hire an additional lawyer at Senior Solicitor/ Associate level to specialise in pursuer litigation based in their offices in Edinburgh.
As a growing Company in Scotland, there are lots of opportunities to develop and build your career with this respected law firm. Due to expansion in their litigation team an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Solicitor (of 5+ years PQE or equivalent), to join a busy and growing Pursuer department in our Edinburgh city centre office. The successful candidate will run litigated and/or complex files, as well as playing a key role in developing strategy and shaping the future of the office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Handling their own case load of litigated, pre-litigated & complex injury files;
- Assisting others in the department with complex matters and delivering training to staff and external client’s on Scottish Legal matters;
- Complying with all Service Level Agreements;
- Communicating with clients, insurers, expert witnesses and solicitors;
- Managing all work through the Company’s Case Management System;
- Attending court to include Sheriff Courts & All Scotland Personal Injury Court.
Skills/ Competencies required:
- This would suit an applicant who has previous experience of handling serious injury claims and has the ability to analyse and research legal issues. Previous experience of PI RTA work, and experience of Sheriff Court & ASPIC litigation procedure, is essential. Non motor injury experience is desirable.
- This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join us at an Associate level if appropriate, or would otherwise suit someone aspiring to become an associate in the future.
- You will be a team player with good attention to detail, have the ability to use your own initiative and to work to strict deadlines in accordance with our Case Management System within service standards. You should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For a confidential discussion about this position, to request the full job description or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Edinburgh: 0131 450 7164