Detailed job description and main responsibilities To be a deputy to the Senior Sister / Charge Nurse and act as a role model for junior team
members in the delivery of a high standard of nursing care.
The role will encompass specific responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating nursing care and expertise within the clinical area.
To help lead and coordinate the clinical, managerial and educational requirements of the of
the clinical area ensuring the highest standards of nursing practice and care are delivered as
reflected by the unit philosophy.
Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of services users and always working in a manner that
promotes dignity and human rights through the adoption of person centred care principles.
Person specification Qualifications Essential criteria
- RN1/RN2/RN12 or RN Child Registered Nurse on the NMC register
- To hold the appropriate level for the area of speciality
- Mentorship qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge Essential criteria
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- An understanding of audit and research based nursing practice
Experience Essential criteria
- To include dealing with distressed relatives, care of terminally ill and other challenging situations
- Experience of teaching / assessing / supervising others in a clinical setting
- Proven experience on managing a ward; including management of rotas, managing competencies, resources and staff
Skills Essential criteria
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive information
- Demonstrates ability to influence and negotiate with others
- Able to assess plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care
Values Based Question Essential criteria
- Give an example of a time where you have demonstrated a 'can do' attitude (including the situation you were in) and the outcome
Please note that we do not accept applications via CV or recruitment agencies.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity.
Applications are welcomed from applicants who wish to apply for a position on the basis of a smarter or flexible working arrangement. Where candidates are successful at interview, such requests will be taken under consideration and accommodated where the needs of the service allow.
We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
All staff no matter where they work or which age group of patients they work with must be aware of their responsibility to act when they feel a child, young person or vulnerable adult has been or is at risk of abuse.
We are a fully non-smoking Trust. Smoking is completely prohibited in all Trust buildings, grounds and car parks for patients, visitors, staff and contractors.
This Local Employment Partnership Employer shares information about new starters with Jobcentre Plus, for statistical purposes only.
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our preferred third-party recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. If you are appointed to a post, information will also be transferred into the NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
You will not be able to track the progress of your application or receive messages through NHS Jobs, and furthermore, as an employer, we will not be able to respond to any e-mails sent to us via NHS Jobs. If you have a query relating to your application, please contact the Resourcing Team on [... Click Apply...].
If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
We wish to stress that no discourtesy is intended in following such a procedure, and you should not let this deter you from future applications.