Job Title: Equipment Operator
Facility: Bottling Plant
Reports to: Plant Supervisor
- This position is responsible for all equipment within the facility; this includes but is not limited to the following: bottle descrambler(s), bottle rinser(s), bottle filler(s), sleever(s), steam tunnel(s), capper(s), induction sealer(s), case packer(s), palletizer(s). The only equipment not under this positions responsibility are the utility equipment, pasteurization systems, and batching/blending equipment (as outlined in Batch & Blend Equipment Operator Job Description)
- Operate all equipment within the facility to operational specifications
- Monitor all equipment within the facility for adherence to operational specifications, through either digital or handwritten logs
- Perform all basic sanitation needs for equipment within the facility
- Perform basic troubleshooting of equipment, this could include but is not limited to the following: clearing alarms/faults, inspecting equipment parts for damage, inspecting product/medium flow path for points of contamination/blockages/failures
- Perform basic equipment preventative maintenance of equipment, this could include but is not limited to the following: lubing/greasing mechanical parts, changing out air filters, re-filling of automated lubing systems, replacing gaskets
- Perform basic quality control analysis of product(s) produced on equipment within the facility, this could include but is not limited to the following: bottle torque, net content, lot code recording, raw material usage, label application, sanitization chemical titration
- Comply with all plant quality and operational safety policies, which includes but is not limited to GMPs, SSOPs, SOPs, PPE
- Perform all other duties as assigned by plant management
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The following list of certificates/licenses/registrations is preferred while others are required.
- Better Process Control School - Preferred
- Cannery License - Preferred
- Pasteurizer License - Preferred
- HACCP - Preferred
- SQF - Optional
- Forklift Certification - Optional
Personnel in this position must demonstrate the following competencies to perform this job
- Quality workmanship in performing job duties
- Safety awareness
- Adaptability to ever changing demands in the operation
- Dependability to perform job duties as instructed
- Ability to be punctual to work and work when scheduled
- Competency in reading, and understanding all company issues policies, procedures and programs
- Competency in writing/recording, in English, equipment values or corrective actions taken
- Competency in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, in all units of measure and be able to work with fractions and decimals
- Competency in using common sense and comprehension of training/SOPs/Policies/Programs to perform all job duties
Employees must be able to perform the following physical demands to successfully perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job. The employee with regularly be required to stand, walk, reach with their arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear. Employees will frequently be required to handle, install, position, or move materials/equipment. Employees will also be required to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Employees must be able to frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Employees will be exposed to multiple temperature environments ranging from 34 - 100°F. Noise levels can be moderate to high in these environments as well. Employees will also be in the same room as pipes that will be hot (> 100°F), and carrying cleaning chemicals (caustics and acids).
We are a co-packing operation for aseptic beverages such as Almond milk and juice beverages.
Role: Manufacturing Equipment Operator
Location: Yorba Linda,
Apply for this job now.