Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you a dedicated and supportive teaching assistant? Do you have experience working with children of all ages with PMLD and Complex Learning Difficulties?
Teaching Assistant for a Complex Needs SEND School in Preston.
The school is looking for strong teaching assistants who can adapt easily to different classes with different needs whilst helping deliver a highly personalised curriculum that is tailored directly to the needs of each pupil. You must be able to engage with students that have a range of profound social, communicative, language and learning difficulties and will also require personal care.
The school is based upon values which include the belief that every child should have the opportunity to learn and experience new challenges in a supporting environment and that no matter who you are, or what difficulties you face, you can and will be an active, contributing part of society.
The school has an excellent reputation and works hard to maintain this through excellent, friendly staff and a commitment to excellence in all the work they do.
The school is a fantastic school who take people on with a view for helping develop their skillset and their development on the basis that should a permanent position become available, they will look to take them on.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will have:
- Experience with PMLD and Complex Learning Difficulties.
- Great communication skills & the ability to build good relationships with staff and pupils.
- Experience providing personal care.
- A good knowledge of the national curriculum and the ability to adapt it according to the needs of the children.
- The initiative, ability and desire to creatively support students in lessons.
- The ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
In return the successful Teaching Assistant will receive:
- The opportunity to make a genuine difference.
- A great rate of pay.
- Fantastic prospects of further long-term work for the right teaching assistant.
- A high level of support provided by your dedicated consultant.
If you would like further information on this exciting position, please call Dan on 0151 675 0888 or email your CV to #removed#