CAD Drafter / Designer / Application Engineer
Description: Drafters play a critical role in delivering high quality system design documents to our clients. As a drafter, you will use your existing skills to develop and organize plan sets, manage drawing elements, maintain CAD and BIM standards, and communicate effectively with design team members to accomplish tasks. Attention to detail is a key component to success.
We are looking for an individual with the aptitude to have, learn and gain knowledge of hot water systems and heating system applications. Past experience and knowledge of tankless water heaters, tank and boiler systems is a plus.
- Manage all in-coming and out-going model and drawing information
- Troubleshoot problems that arise in the coordination of digital drawing information
- Develop engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications
- Engage in the development of office and client CAD and BIM procedures/standards and facilitate their implementation into projects
- Integrate with marketing staff on literature designs
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of 1-2 years) using AutoCAD programs from AutoDesk
- REVIT experience and/or capability to learn and use is required
- Able to discuss completed designs and drawings with sales & staff members
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Complete tasks with minimal supervision and department interaction
- Problem solving skills to handle conceptual level and detail level problems
- Adaptability to multi-task between multiple projects and stay abreast of all changes
- Be a self-starter and take the initiative to take ownership and complete tasks without the need for specific direction
- Proactively check resource data and work of self and others
- Ability to conceptualize and design practical solutions
- Have a positive attitude
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or related field is a plus
- Experience working in the system design/construction/sales environment
- Interest in technology and heating and water systems is required
- 1-2 years of work experience in a technical setting
WHO WE ARE
Navien, Inc. is a manufacturer of industry leading green technologies, including tank-less water heaters, combi-boilers and boilers. Our North American headquarter building is located in Irvine, CA, where this job will be located. We have satellite offices in Moorestown, NJ and Woodbridge, ON, Canada as well as supporting field sales people throughout US, Canada and Mexico and growing into Latin and South America. Visit us at navien.com.
The Navien name was created from three words: Navigator / Energy / Environment.
Our Mission is: To provide customers with the ultimate comfortable living environment through energy efficient products using innovative technology to create a healthier environment for our future generations.
Role: CAD Drafter/Designer/Application Engineer
Apply for this job now.