COMPANY: XCELLENT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) is responsible for providing reliable scientific information to describe and understand the Earth; minimize loss of life and property from natural disasters; manage water, biological, energy, and mineral resources; and enhance and protect our quality of life. As the Nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency, USGS collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides science about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems.
Xcellent Technology Solutions (XTS) is currently seeking a GIS Full Stack Developer to support the USGS Earth Mapping Research Initiative (EMRI). The Developer will be responsible for the deployment of cloud relevant applications and ability to diagnose system interdependencies at a high level.
- Must have a bachelor s degree in related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Must have at least 7 years of advanced programming and API creation
- Must have at least 4 years of experience with GIS enabled applications
- Must have experience deploying low cost on budget applications to an AWS platform
- Must have knowledge of DevOps CI/CD environments
- Must have experience integrating complex applications in multiple user-environments
- Must have advanced knowledge of load balancing concepts
- provided by Dice