Our stable and well-respected client in Post Falls, Idaho is looking for a well rounded Plant Accounting & HR Specialist to add to the team!
The primary role is to serve as a financial and human resources contributor for the benefit of the client company, it’s stakeholders, including the Owner, CFO, the Company leadership team, Plant management team and office personnel.
The Plant Accounting & HR Specialist is responsible for assisting the CFO with oversight of financial & accounting policies and practices by ensuring accuracy, consistency, and effective communications to safeguard the organizations assets and financial health. The Plant Accounting Specialist is also responsible for various Human Resources and personnel activities as it relates to employee payroll and benefits to include annual benefit enrollment activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for working closely with the CFO on daily company operations which includes internal financial reporting, operational accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations all aligned with GAAP compliance and internal controls
• Ensure timely, accurate, consistent and efficient accounting procedures across the organization to provide consolidated financial information which can be relied upon for integrity of the data reported – both financial and operational
• Process timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll for employees and intermittent payroll reporting for compliance purposes as required;
• Process daily bank deposits for customer and miscellaneous receipts;
• Process company check payment runs per the corporate payment schedule or as needed;
• Evaluate company processes, procedures controls, and systems technology to determine the most efficient work process opportunities including new systems or expanded use of current systems
• Continuous process improvement and automation within general ledger and operational production systems to eliminate manual processes
• Coordinate closely with the CFO an efficient month-end close process including adherence to close and reporting deadlines focused on optimizing process and completeness and accuracy of the Company’s financial statements
• Coordinate with the CFO all requests from external auditors and tax professionals and ensure information is accumulated and assembled for annual compilations and preparation of income tax returns
• The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business related field of study
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Previous manufacturing environment experience preferred
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations
• Extensive knowledge in computer systems including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ADP, electronic scheduling and e-mail, and financial planning software
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Able to multi-task, follow-through, delegate, and prioritize well to meet deadlines
• Able to deal professionally, courteously, and tactfully with the public and coworkers
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.