Location - LD7 1HA
Pay Rate - £11.64 to 13.16 P/H (Depending on Experience)
Start Date - ASAP
Contract - Temp - 3-6 Months Ongoing (unless otherwise stated)
Your key responsibilities and requirements will be:
- To complete safe and effective maintenance and repairs of Service vehicles and equipment in accordance with legislation, manufacturer guidance and Service objectives.
- Help to deliver world class levels of customer service - Right first time and on time
- Maintain up to date knowledge and awareness of departmental processes and procedures ensuring all work is completed accordingly
- Assist the Technician Chargehand to create and deliver a customer led culture in the Transport department.
- Obtain and maintain a relevant Large Goods Vehicle driving license to facilitate the movement, road testing and recovery of fleet vehicles
- Responsible for the completion of planned inspections, and servicing of fleet and equipment assets in accordance with legislative and manufacturer requirements
- Responsible to ensure all work is completed in accordance with quality standards and target timescales
- Responsible for the prompt, detailed, and accurate recording of all work undertaken in accordance with legislative and manufacture requirements within the fleet management system
- Participate in a 24 hour standby rota
- Responsible to attend out of hours callouts, ensuring fleet resilience through the prompt and effective rectification of defects and recoveries to Service assets
- Responsible to facilitate out of hours appliance and equipment changeovers using Service reserves when defect repairs may not be completed
- NVQ 3 Motor Vehicle Mechanical and Electronic Systems or equivalent
- Current LGV Driving Licence or to be obtained within 12 months
- Experience of carrying out routine maintenance and repairs in a mobile fashion
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your CV.