Responsibilities include answering questions from members on consumer and real estate loans and rates. Gather and analyze financial information for the purpose of determining qualifying status for loans. Provide members with applications, obtain information for incoming loans and set up appointments with a loan officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Process applications and verify accuracy for consumer and second mortgage open-end and closed-end loans. Follow-up with members to obtain any documentation needed.
2. Provide all applicable disclosures for both fixed- and variable-rate loans.
3. Calculate closing costs and provide a loan estimate for closing costs to member.
4. Process loan to include verification of employment, deposit accounts, and all liabilities in order to prepare application of verified information.
5. Order and check credit report to determine credit worthiness of applicant based on industry standards for collateral/equity value.
6. Request and evaluate real-estate appraisal to ensure proper guidelines are followed and final value is
7. Request flood certification to determine if property is or is not in a flood zone.
8. Obtain copy of current homeowner's insurance and flood insurance (if applicable) and make sure mortgage clause is in favor of credit union.
9. Establish repayment and interest schedule based upon loan guidelines and rates.
10. Prepare closing package, researching and resolving all items in the closing package to ensure closing
process is on-time and documentation is complete and accurate.
11. Cross-sell credit union products and services as appropriate.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience in credit union/banking loan processing is preferred and NMLS registration is required. Must show a willingness and possess a positive attitude to go above and beyond to assist members. We are also seeking a true team player with a can-do attitude.
Role: Loan Processor
Apply for this job now.