Duraco is B2B manufacturer of pressure-sensitive tapes and specialty materials, which are sold into highly attractive end markets including Point-of-Purchase displays, appliances, transit packaging, construction, signage, and HVAC. Duraco' s application-specific tapes are strong alternatives to mechanical fasteners and traditional glues offering longevity, strength, efficiencies in customer's assembly operations and breadth of substrates. The company is headquartered in Forest Park, IL and has a workforce of 150 employees. Duraco has been maintaining loyal relationships for over 40 years and is continuously growing with over 6,800 customers.
Why Work at Duraco?
We are a Team of respectful, collaborative, and passionate individuals who value integrity, accountability, and teamwork. Your voice is heard, individuality is valued, and you are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We embrace change and are excited to continue down the path of rapid growth. We believe in working hard and having fun.
· Lead planning and execution continuous improvement (CI) activities in line with plant strategy.
· Facilitate and assist with continues improvement efforts and lean initiatives, Kaizens and Green Belt projects.
· Lead 5S+ Program.
· Implementation and maintenance of OEE.
· Trains other associates and leads initiatives to achieve sustainable use of CI tools in everyday activities to drive out waste and improve safety, product quality, and performance.
· Collaborate with associates throughout the organization to generate cost savings and develop a funnel for improvement project ideas.
· Support in root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing/ business and assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation.
· Identify/update and create SOPs as needed.
· Analyze manufacturing issues or production processes by gathering and analyzing necessary data, and inputs from key stakeholders to support decision making and execution.
· Support scheduling as needed for key work centers.
· Monitor equipment and personnel for unsafe conditions / acts and respond with appropriate documentation, training and / or priority work requests.
· Determine machine selection, rates, and BOM/ROU optimization for existing parts.
· Lead process improvement projects.
· Lead CAPA and CAPEX projects.
· Perform new equipment initial production runs and develop the necessary standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure the safety of our production staff.
· Initialize or provide input for part production instruction changes or updates.
· Review and appraise current manufacturing process/methods and propose improvements.
· Solicit and provide ideas for the elimination of waste, continuous improvement, and defect prevention before and after product commercialization.
· Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Duraco Safety standards and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
· Any other duties as assigned.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Able to communicate with all levels in the organization (from operation to executive team).
· Results driven.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Solid understanding of general business concepts.
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Strong reasoning and analytical ability
· Comfortable navigating changing priorities.
· Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
· Understands and easily connects products, technologies, and capabilities.
· Demonstrated ability to work across different systems and adapt to new processes.
· Outstanding personal integrity and ethics.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related subject.
· 2-5 years of experience in Lean Manufacturing.
· Previous manufacturing experience.
· Green Belt Certified (Black Belt preferred).
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with advanced experience in Excel and Visio.
· AUTOCAD experience preferred.
· Experience in die-cutting, web handling and/or adhesive coating highly preferred.
· Previous Project Management experience preferred.
The job description is not an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities and may be revised at any time.
We Believe in Equal Opportunities
We are stronger as a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences, and approaches to foster a stronger, smarter, and more informed Duraco. We are committed to providing opportunities with equal possible outcomes for all. At Duraco, we want to make sure that all feel safe, confident, empowered, respected, and valued. We seek to acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and we will constantly challenge ourselves to improve our company regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.