* Proven record of high performance
* Develops positive relationships with others to better accomplish work goals.
* Effectively meets customer needs and builds productive relationships by treating each customer like a GUEST.
* Clearly conveys information and ideas to others in a manner that helps them understand and retain the message.
* Presents products and services to customers in a manner that provides solutions and benefits, and strengthens the Sherwin-Williams name.
* Actively participates as a member of a team to help the store achieve its goals.
* Uses people, resources and information to make good decisions.
* Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Possesses appropriate levels of knowledge of core product offerings and operational aspects of job responsibilities.
* Sets high standards of performance for self; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
* Demonstrates honesty and the ability to avoid what is wrong and stand up for what is right.
* Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work and adjusts effectively to new work processes, situations and requirements.
* Delegate work assignments, direct and train Bookkeepers.
* Process daily batch paperwork.
* Prepare paperwork for processing of bills and pay bills as required.
* Work with District Credit Office on a daily basis to process payments to customer accounts.
* Ensure the daily bank deposit is made.
* Check incoming orders from vendors against purchase order for accuracy.
* Write and process customer invoices and notify customer order is ready.
* Review various reports (i.e., Store Billing Report, Account Distribution Report, Aged Analysis Report, P&L Analysis, etc.).
* Prepare chargebacks and discrepancy reports
* Perform typing, filing and other clerical duties for self and other employees.
* Open mail, sort to appropriate employees.
* Perform mailing and routine filing functions.
* Maintain and update product information manuals, general price lists and customer price lists.
* Maintain and update customer tax exempt certificate files.
* Purge old documents using record retention list.
* Manage the accounts receivable for the store within established standards for bad debt, past due, DSO and overlimits.
* Perform credit investigations and analysis on new and existing accounts, including contacting outside sources for information.
* Advise customer of credit lines and payments terms.
* Implement and maintain a systematic follow-up program (phone calls and visits) for delinquent accounts.
* Work with manager and sales reps to sell customers that present special credit problems and manage the accounts to ensure compliance with the program.
* Make personal visits to customers to strengthen customer relationships with S-W.
* Keep management informed of significant changes to payment habits of an account and promptly make them aware of problems.
* Approve credit limits on new and existing accounts within local authority and recommend or request
credit approval for credit limits exceeding local authority from the District Credit Office.
* Ensure the daily bank deposit is made.
* Maintain facility to Company standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping.
* Identify facility problems and make recommendations.
* Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
*Must be familiar with the proper, handling, storing, labeling, cleaning up spills, disposing of and filing all paperwork associated with hazardous material/waste.
* Provide input on performance appraisals as required by supervisor.
* Assist in maintaining store price record cards.
* Process STAR orders through POS as required.
* Assist with the placing of and follow-up on vendor orders.
* Assist with customer service as needed, including waiting on customers, preparing orders and handling telephone inquiries.
* Assist with physical inventory.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Employee will spend approximately 75% of the day sitting and 25% standing, walking, stooping, climbing and kneeling.
* Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
* High school education is required. Prefer a Bachelor's Degree with a major in a business or accounting field.
* Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
* Employee must be familiar with the use of computers and calculators.
* Good communication and administrative skills are necessary.
Must have valid driver's license.
When you join Sherwin-Williams you'll be a part of a company that has a strong commitment to its employees. From our professional work environment to our excellent benefits, to our ongoing training, we take care of the people that make us strong.
Role: PT Admin Credit & Accounting - #2233
Apply for this job now.