Job DescriptionJob Summary:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help our clients access large databases of information in order to help them make smarter decisions, so they can deliver better products and services. You will be applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems.Key Responsibilities
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending client's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Build quick Proof of Concepts (POC) and project ownership around projects that can demonstrate utilization, value and lead to scalable solutions
- Analyse a collection of raw data sets to create meaningful impact to large enterprise clients while maintaining a high degree of rigor and discipline
- Build data pipelines to aid analysis and/or reporting
- Demonstrates ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning
- Determines methods of statistical analysis and applies statistical techniques to determine measures of central tendency, correlation, sample size, significance of differences, etc.
- Communicate findings in an intuitive and visually compelling way
About the Company:
- Bachelors and at least four years of professional experience, or a Masters and a minimum of two years of experience, or PhD and one year or more of experience.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forests, etc.
- Experience (can execute data ingestion to insight) in programmatic language such as SQL, R, Python (Pandas, Scipy, Numpy)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, Tensorflow, etc.
- Understanding of cloud technologies, familiarity with AWS services a huge plus
- Conceptual understanding of NoSQL technologies including Hadoop, the map-reduce algorithm, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Pig, Accumulo, Apache ElasticSearch and data flow automation techniques such as Apache Camel or Nifi. AWS EMR, Spark, NiFi, Jupyter Notebooks a huge plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase is a plus
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience participating in Agile/SCRUM projects
- Experience of working in a client support role
Our client architects, designs and develops enterprise-class Mobile, Web, Social and Big Data solutions for some of the world’s most innovative start-up companies as well as for some of the world’s largest companies. Headquartered Cambridge, Massachusetts, they provide services and products to companies across the globe serviced by our nearly 200 professionals.
They have a 3.9-star rating on Glassdoor, with a 100% approval rating for the CEO and 93% of employees would recommend working for this company. Contact us to find out more!
Global Technical Talent is owned by Precocity LLC, a subsidiary of Chenega Corporation. GTT has been a leader in the staffing industry for over 18 years and is one of the largest staffing firms in the New England region. We are known for our Fortune 500 clientele and cutting-edge technology-driven recruiting infrastructure. GTT has a diverse family that values each individual contribution, and together we make a team that's bigger than ourselves. "Who We Are" meets "What We Do" to make us into a productive and accomplished force dedicated to improving ourselves and in return, our whole team. Our clients and partners are among the most successful and innovative organizations in the world. In fact, our top clients are Fortune 1000 banking, insurance and financial services firms, some of the nation's largest healthcare and retail companies, and prestigious educational institutions in the Ivy League tier. We believe that there is always a new opportunity for success!
Role: Data Scientist - 18-02153
Apply for this job now.