Teaching Assistant - Leeds
Social, Emotional Mental Health teaching assistant required at a Primary School in North East Leeds for a full-time role working with children across the primary age range. In a recent OFSTED report it has been identified that COVID-19 has had a great impact on children's progress, mental health and basic skills. The school are therefore looking to employ a teaching assistant who is able to support pupils with their emotional needs.
- Do you have experience of supporting pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health needs?
- Are you confident in working with children who display challenging behaviour?
- Have you ever had experience with Team Teach or MAPA?
- Are you compassionate and show empathy towards children?
If so then this could be the perfect role for you!
You will be working with primary aged pupils across Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2). Your day will be varied, supporting children in the classroom and assisting with their learning of basic skills and emotional support. This is a full time position from 8:00am - 4:00pm.
You will be supporting pupils who are struggling with readjusting to school life. You will be required to work with pupils on a one to one basis as well as groups of children. You will be required to support these pupils both in and out of the classroom and assist them with their needs as well as their academic school work.
What is required from you
- Teaching Assistant qualification, educational based degree or at least 6 months experience working with children
- Experience working with children who display challenging behaviour
- Experienced working with primary aged pupils from 4 - 11
- Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
- Can provide 2 references which can comment on your ability to work with children
- Have a calm, nurturing approach with clear expectations
- Be confident building positive relationships with pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to help them progress both socially and academically
- Team Teach qualification (not essential but would be an advantage)
You should expect
- Weekly Pay up to GBP450 (depending on experience)
- Pay through PAYE
- Training opportunities
- Planned staff events (the school often arranges bonding activities/nights out)
- Feel valued and welcomed
- Work with the loveliest pupils, who often become attached to their teachers and assistants (so you must be available for the long term)
If you think this could be the role for you and are looking for a challenging but rewarding role for the new year, please contact Hannah in the Leeds Wakefield Primary team or apply via the link below.